[ THE DEADLINE HAS ALREADY PASSED, PLEASE COME BACK IN DECEMBER 2017 TO CHECK FOR FURTHER UPDATES ]
Opportunities Knock Your Door is calling for applications to apply as a Country Ambassador for the Global Ambassadors Program.
Country Ambassador is an elite position awarded to passionate individuals from all over the world to share opportunities, promote United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs),write articles on youth and culture. Opportunities Knock Your Door Global Ambassadors Program provides an opportunity to showcase creativity and expand research skills through writing articles on our website as well as an exceptional experience with the opportunity to recruit City Ambassadors in respective countries and also create and implement action plans to execute various SDG awareness programs in in their respective countries.
There is no single characteristic that makes up an ideal Ambassador. We look for enthusiasm, drive, and of course, plenty of creativity. We look for leaders who are connected and make things happen in their countries; leaders who inspire their peers, collaborate with start-ups and organizations to produce results.
If selected, as a representative of Opportunities Knock Your Door, a Country Ambassador must embody the spirit and values of the organisation. The Country Ambassadors must take on various roles to promote and raise SDG awareness for each region and country they are representing. Opportunities Knock Your Door Ambassadors would carry the voice of the future generations at an international level.
The Global Ambassador Program is a 6 month intensive program that aims to :
- Connect youths to the right opportunities that facilitate their growth and experiences.
- Create a platform of articles on a range of topics for youths to learn about other regions/current issues.
- Educate youths on the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Inspire youths to contribute to the SDGs by organising events.
As a Country Ambassador, you will be responsible for:
- Posting opportunities on our website
- Writing articles and blogs
- Recruiting City Ambassadors as a part of 1 Million Impact campaign
- Organizing in-person events to promote UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Striking partnerships with companies or startups that want publicity for their opportunities or events.
- Advocating OKYD as a brand
- Sharing content to your social networks
- Providing regional insight and feedback
- Creating a stronger regional presence for OKYD
- Knowledge and experience working with a start up organization run solely by young people
- Leadership and organizational skills
- A powerful network of ambassadors from all over the world
- Experience writing articles
- Online mentoring on all ambassador reports
- Social media skills
- Electronic promotional goods for effective SDG related campaigns to be planned and executed by an ‘Ambassador’
- E-certificate on successful completion of Ambassador term
- E-reference letter to exceptional Country Ambassadors
- Recognition of the “Best Ambassador of the term” shall be given to 1 (One) ‘Ambassador’ who shows the most passionate and active social accomplishments as well as organizing events of Opportunities Knock Your Door. A certificate and souvenir will be given to the Best Country Ambassador at the end of the term. The process and final decision on the selection shall be planned and confirmed by Opportunities Knock Your Door team.
- Applicants can be of any age
- Applicants must be passionate about youth, social engagement and Sustainable Development Goals
- Applicants must have a desire to change the world
Eligible Regions : Open for all
May 25, 2017 : Closing of application
May 26, 2017 : Announcement of successful applicants
June 1, 2017 : Country Ambassador term starts
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)