Opportunities Knock Your Door is calling for applications for City Ambassadors as a part of the 1 Million Impacts Campaign.
The objective of this campaign is to :
- Impact 1 million individuals all around the world within 5 months by exposing them to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs)
City Ambassadors are passionate individuals from all over the world who volunteer to promote United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) in their respective cities. Through this opportunity, City Ambassadors get to create and implement their action plans along with their Country Ambassadors with regards to various SDG awareness programs that they plan during their term.
There is no single characteristic that makes up an ideal City Ambassador. We look for enthusiasm, drive, and of course, plenty of creativity. We look for leaders who are connected and make things happen in their countries; leaders who inspire their peers, collaborate with start-ups and organizations to produce results.
If selected as a representative of Opportunities Knock Your Door, a City Ambassador must embody the spirit and values of the organisation. The City Ambassadors must take on various roles to promote and raise SDG awareness in the city they are representing. They would carry the voice of the future generations at local level which will eventually have an international impact.
The City Ambassadors volunteer for a period of 5 months to :
- Educate youth on the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Inspire youth to contribute to the SDGs by organizing seminars and events in universities, communities and other places.
As a City Ambassador, you will be responsible for:
- Organizing in-person seminars and events to promote UN Sustainable Development Goals and impact atleast 1000 individuals during your term
- Striking partnerships with companies or startups to carry out these activities
- Encouraging people to volunteer as a part of 1 Million Impact campaign
- Advocating OKYD as a brand
- Creating a stronger regional presence for OKYD
City Ambassadors gain:
- Knowledge and experience working with a start up organization run solely by young people
- Leadership and organizational skills
- A powerful network of ambassadors from all over the world
- Electronic promotional goods for effective SDG related campaigns to be planned and executed by a ‘City Ambassador’
- E-certificate on successful completion of City Ambassador term
- E-reference letter to exceptional City Ambassadors
- Recognition of the “Best City Ambassador of the term” shall be given to 1 (One) ‘City Ambassador’ who shows the most passionate and active social accomplishments as well as organizing events of Opportunities Knock Your Door. A certificate and souvenir will be given to the Best City Ambassador at the end of the term. The process and final decision on the selection shall be planned and confirmed by Opportunities Knock Your Door team.
- Applicants can be of any age
- Applicants must be passionate about youth, social engagement and Sustainable Development Goals
- Applicants must have a desire to change the world
Eligible Regions : Open for all
June 25, 2017 : Closing of application
July 1, 2017 : City Ambassador term starts